The foundation of the new Mediclinic International brand lies in the application of rigorous science to improve the lives of patients. With five vibrant brand drivers identified - practical, exacting, deliberate, orchestrated and human - the integrity of the business is based on the use of state-of-the-art treatments and technologies to care for patients in an evidence-based environment.
Dr Edwin Hertzog, Chairman, Mediclinic International.
To achieve our vision of being the international benchmark in acute care, specialised healthcare services, we have:
- Unified our hospitals on three continents to draw on the strengths of our various operations to provide world-class private healthcare.
- We have built an exacting approach to healthcare that is firmly grounded in sound science-based knowledge and expertise.
- Placed our patients at the heart of our approach to care.
- Taken a practical and deliberate approach to ensuring our patients' well-being. This includes choosing plants for our hospitals such as the sansevieria trifasciata, which absorbs toxins and keeps the air full of oxygen.
- An orchestrated approach which focuses on multidisciplinary teamwork in patientcare.
- A firm belief in empathetic, human support from our staff. For this reason we have introduced a Back-to-Basics programme which takes nursing back to the bedside.